Saturday, April 27, 2013

Birthday party




Madeleine and her friend Ansley

I cannot get enough of these poufy skirts!!

normally I object to putting these ludicrous things on baby girls' heads just so that people know the child in question is not a boy.  But sometimes I just cave b/c sparkles are the best!

Ukulele? now it's a party!


I think it's the shoes that make the ensemble

The cakes were made from this recipe but Madeleine's cake didn't have the glaze, and the frosting was just cream cheese mixed w/ apple juice concentrate (and food coloring, of course, she IS a Sassaman) (also, I modified the grown-up's frosting by leaving out the cinnamon and adding in lemon juice and rind.  super tasty!)




I saw this wall of balloons on pinterest but I think it would have worked better as a photo backdrop if we hadn't blown them up so completely






omg, so cute my parents are!!!

testing to see what this blue thing is...

quickly progressing to handfuls of frosting



I LIKE CAKE!!!

remember, ladies, keep those dainty pinkies out when destroying a cake


I often think Madeleine looks like my brother.  For comparison's sake, this is him on his first birthday.



up please
she loves books



No comments:

Post a Comment